The CCPA provides California Residents with specific rights regarding accessing and deleting personal information. The below describes your rights and how you can exercise them, as well as Beiersdorf’s responsibility in providing you a response.
Right to Access
You have the right to request that we disclose how we collect and use your personal information. After we receive and verify your request, we will disclose:
- Categories of Personal Information Beiersdorf collects about you.
- Categories of sources for your Personal Information Beiersdorf collects.
- Beiersdorf’s business/commercial purpose for collecting or selling your Personal Information.
- Categories of third parties with whom Beiersdorf shares your Personal Information.
- Specific pieces of your Personal Information collected.
Right to Delete
You have the right to request the deletion of your Personal Information that Beiersdorf has collected. This right, however, does not apply if Beiersdorf has a business need to retain your Personal Information to perform any of the following actions:
- Provide goods or services to you.
- Detect or resolve security issues or functionality-related issues.
- Comply with the law or legal obligation.
- Protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent activity.
- Conduct research in the public interest.
- Safeguard the right to free speech.
- Carry out any actions for internal purposes you may reasonably expect Beiersdorf to carry out
Data Portability and Beiersdorf Response
Upon receiving your request to access and verifying your request, Beiersdorf will do our best to provide the necessary information collected in the immediately preceding 12 months to you within 45 days of Beiersdorf’s receipt of such request.
If we require additional time (up to 90 days), Beiersdorf will inform you the extension and the reason for such extension in writing.
We will deliver the necessary information to you either by mail or electronically.
If Beiersdorf is unable to respond to your request, we will provide a reason as to why we cannot comply with your request.
Beiersdorf will not discriminate against you for exercising your rights under the CCPA. We will not:
- Deny you goods or services.
- Charge different prices or rates for goods or services.
- Impose penalties.
- Provide different level or quality of goods or services.
- Suggest you may receive a different price, rate, and/or quality of goods or services.
Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Beiersdorf takes privacy very seriously. We are giving the option to opt out of any future sale of their personal information. If you would like opt out of any potential sale of your data by Beiersdorf in the future, please click here.
Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights
To exercise your rights to access, data portability, and deletion rights described directly above, please submit a consumer request that can be verifiable to Beiersdorf by:
Mail: Consumer Relations
45 Danbury Rd
Wilton, CT 06897
A verifiable consumer request must consist of:
- Sufficient information that allows Beiersdorf to reasonably verify you are the person whom we collected Personal Information about, or an authorized representative.
- Sufficient detail that will allow Beiersdorf to property understand, evaluate, and respond to your request.
Only you, or a representative registered with the California Secretary of State that you authorize to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your Personal Information. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child.
You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access or data portability two times within a twelve month period.
Beiersdorf cannot respond to your request or provide you with Personal Information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make such request regarding Personal Information as it relates to you.
Any Personal Information we may collect to verify a consumer request will only be used to verify the requesting party’s identity or authority to make such request.